Saturday, August 1, 2009

Aiden and Evan - 8/1

The boys had a good night last night. After having their feedings stopped last night because of the green goo that was being pulled back up, they restarted this morning. Evan is doing well with the feedings but Aiden is still having a little bit of green goo issues.

Evan’s left eye has started to open up. He was kind of squinting with it when we were visiting this afternoon. Hopefully we can catch a photo with it open wide.

Both boys are currently off of their light therapy. They look much more at peace without the bright light shining at them. The nurses have put blankets over the incubators which make it dark for them.

In times like these music is sometimes the best way to express the way you feel. Perhaps then it was meant to be that the radio has started playing a song by Kenny Chessney (with one of my favorites Dave Matthews) called I’m Alive. I’ve copied them here below:

So damn easy to say that life’s so hard
Everybody’s got their share of battle scars
As for me I’d like to thank my lucky stars
thatI’m alive, and well

It’d be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me, I’m alive

And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing can’t you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life
And I’m alive, and well
I’m alive, and well

Stars are dancing on the water here tonight
It’s good for the soul, when there’s not a soul in sight
But this boat has caught its wind and brought me back to life
Now I’m alive, and well

And today you know that’s good enough for me
Breathing in and out's a blessing can’t you see
Today is the first day of the rest of my life
Now I’m alive, and well
Yeah I’m alive, and well

No comments:

Post a Comment